5.12.2010

. . . sitting in a moment

Sitting in a moment
That's sure to last forever
And you look at me
And I never want you to stop
You look like youre
Seeing right through me
And all my semtantics
And all my bullshit
And you keep looking
Even after I get nervous
And do something stupid
To break the moment
And when you finally stop
I wish you hadn't
I feel that ever indicative sting
In the tips of my fingers
And I long for the moment 
You'll do it again
And I think about it
After the fact
It makes my heart race
And my cheeks turn red
And I wish I'd paid better attention
And I pray you didn't notice 
That I giggled nervously
And how I had to look away
And it breaks my heart
Just a little bit
With it's intensity
One if those stares 
That lasts a lifetime 
With a pair of eyes
That seem to watch over you
While you sleep
And when the moment 
Submits itself to reality
I breathe deeply
And try to regain my composure

No comments:

Post a Comment