You break my heart
A little bit at a time
Every time I hurt you
Every time I said goodbye
I lost a little piece of you
I let you go
Not on any particular day
I let you go
One moment at a time
I looked at you
And decided you were disposable
And decided you weren’t the one
And finally I looked at you
And you had already left me
No longer angry
No longer hurt
Just used to it
Just used to me
Never choosing you.
Your love breaks my heart
When I remember it
I close my eyes and I smile
And I remember you
Being such a good friend
And I miss you
A little bit at a time
But when the moment
Reconciles itself to the truth
It just is what it is
Its just you presenting yourself
As a choice that never occurred to me
Because I never thought
You would let me go
Your love breaks my heart
It never was you
And though I always knew it
You had to figure it out
One moment at a time
With every choice I made
Never being you.
You break my heart
a little bit at a time
The memory will always be
a happy one
but inevitably
I let you go too long ago
to still be able to say im sorry
and have it mean anything
07.14.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment