I think I've had enough
of the tortured souls
to last me a whole life time
all the complaining
and the crying
is it really THAT bad
does everyone REALLY hate you
THAT much?
He did it the same way
the sad face
the talk of injustice
that feeling
that nothing was really fair.
He did it with blue eyes
that watered when he spoke
and he wrote how he felt
in red ink
in sentences that made you weep
and you knew he really believed it
when he said
he was probably meant to be alone.
But you knew he wasn't
because how could anyone
so amazing
be fated to loneliness?
Someone loved him
even more than he realized
and I suspect its the same for you
even when you look sad
even when you don't understand
why some things just aren't fair.
I think I've had enough
of the tortured souls
to know how the story ends
its always happy
because how cant it be
for someone so amazing.
And me . . .
just another step on the way
a better friend probably
than I should be
But I guess inevitably
I'm a sucker
for a tortured soul . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment