I felt it sizzle away
And tried desperately to grasp it
And keep it from floating off
I watched it fly above me
Into the sky,
Where I couldn't reach it
I cried a little
But knew I couldn't stop it
You always get what you need
Even if it isn't what you want
I've learned that lesson
Too many heartbreaking times
And I never figure it out
In time to save myself
From watching it float slowly away
And I've never figured it out in time
To know when to stop trying
to keep what isn't mine
I'm self indulgent I guess
Always wanting everything
That I instantly fall in love with
It never occurrs to me
How getting it will change my world
I inevitably end up
Watching from below
As it floats away
And I sob
And I write
And I blame everyone but me
I felt it sizzle away
And before it was too late
I tried to hold it as close as possible
I cried and begged
To try and preserve the feeling
But it inevitably floated away from me
Nonetheless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment