It's just a moment
Like a thousand others
Special only because
It's with you
It will fade
Time will tarnish the vivid coloring
But I will always
Remember it
And how it made my
Soul sparkle.
Just this moment
That came and went
Too quickly
That's now all but vanished
But like the thousand before it
It still makes my heart smile
When I think of you
A compilation of moments
Romantic and special
Intense and hilarious
Sad and uncomfortable
This one
Like a thousand before it
Is made special
Only by your part in it
And how you're a part of me
All this time
All these years
Every single moment
Like this one
I remember them
In a song, in a poem
I remember you
Always as you were
The first moment
I knew I loved you
Time passes, friends go away
Milestones forget us
And you are still here
My very favorite of blessings
The flutter in my heart
The blushing on my cheeks
Is still for you
And all this time
And all these faded moments
Can not dilude you
And how you still make me
Laugh and cry
Scream and get frustrated
Fight and get sad.
It's just a moment
Like a thousand that came before it
And the thousand still to come
Made special only
Because it's with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment