6.22.2010

. . . One for our history book

This heartbreak
It's one for the history books
It lasts a life time
It lasts . . . 
As long as you want it to
Because inevitably
You are always 
The deciding factor.
This is one to remember
It's tangible . . .
It sounds like
Shattering class
On a marble floor.
And this
Seemingly perfect place
This marble palace
It's breakable
In a way you never knew
I never knew
About the compromises
And the line in the sand
That just kept getting
Pushed back a little further.
This heart break
Resonates around the world
You can hear it from 
Anywhere you are
It sounds like a
Broken promise
Or a hope . . . 
newly forgotten
It feels like
Disenchantment . . . 
Apathy . . .
I wonder how 
I never noticed it fading
I wonder 
If you ever noticed
One moment 
After another
After another
Leads to this one . . .
This one heartbreaking minute
It's one that lasts a lifetime
Whether silently
Whether outloud . . .
Whether in prose
It's one 
for our history book . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment